Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunny Flowers

Last week I found a a book I had purchased at the summer curriculum conference called  1,2,3, I Can Paint by Irene Luxbacher.  (It was in my school cabinet - that's why it was MIA....) Like usual, my angel put it in my hands at a good time, as we began studying flowers, photosynthesis, and pollinators again.  I think we all really enjoyed this project.

 It began with mixing colors - Xavier loves this part- to make a deep orange background.  Then, WAIT for it to dry, before painting a blue strip at the top.  Then add many brown dots using small sponges.  We also made some using dandelion heads for a stamp.  WAIT for the brown to dry.















Next, it was time to transform the cheetah-looking paintings into flowers.

 And finally, after WAITing for the yellow paint to dry a littte, a few ladybugs, bees, and stems were added. Voila!  The finished masterpieces:
Art by Evan

Art by Cole

Art by Xavier


Xavier seems to have chosen to depict the flowers in the fall after most of the petals have dropped.
By the way, could you guess that the overall theme of our current unit is Patience.  We are practicing WAITing cheerfully and constructively.

No comments:

Post a Comment